CHECK OUT ALL THE MURRAY RIVER SALT RECIPES
Festive Appetizer Recipes
Salted Chocolate Pancakes
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar of your choice
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup soy or oat milk
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 Teaspoon Murray River Salt
2oz Chocolate Bar, roughly chopped
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquids – milk, water and coconut oil.
- Mix well with a whisk to combine. Drop in the Murray River Salt and Chocolate’ pieces/chunks and gently fold through.
-Heat a medium to large frying pan over a high heat on the stovetop and add a tablespoon of butter or oil of your choice.
- When bubbles start to appear in the butter or oil, reduce the temperature to a medium temperature.
- Using a 3/4 cup measuring cup, scoop the pancake batter out of the mixing bowl and drop into the centre of the frying pan.
- Allow the pancake to cook for a couple of minutes, waiting for multiple bubbles to form on the surface of the batter and the outer edge to start firming up before flipping over. Repeat this process until all of the batter is used. You should get approximately 7-9 medium sized pancakes by following these measuring instructions.
- Allow the pancakes to cool on a wire cooling rack whilst you cook the rest of the batch.
- Stack high and serve with a generous sprinkling of Murray River Salt ‘Pink Salt Flakes’, drizzle with maple syrup and top with fresh strawberries or fruit of your choice.
SALTED BAKED POTATOES WITH HOMEMADE BUTTER
Perfect on a Cocktail
BLOOD ORANGE MARGARITA
- 2 ounces silver/blanco tequila
- 2 ounces fresh blood orange juice (about 1 large blood orange, juiced)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice (about 1 lime, juiced)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 tiny drop pure vanilla extract (optional)
Salt and brown sugar rim (use all salt if you want)
- 2 teaspoons Murray River Salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- Lime wedges
1. Mix together the Murray River Salt and sugar on a small plate (preferably one just slightly larger than the top of your margarita glass). Run a wedge of lime around the top of your glass. Dip the top of the glass into the salt blend at a 45-degree angle and roll it from side to side to catch the salt. Add ice cubes to your glass and set it aside.
2. Fill a small cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the tequila, freshly squeezed blood orange and lime juice and agave nectar. If desired, add a drop of vanilla extract (don’t pour it straight from the bottle, I used the blunt end of a fork as a dropper).
3. Put on the lid and shake for 30 seconds. Strain the liquid into your glass and garnish with a slice of blood orange, if desired.