1. Preheat an oven to 200 degrees fan bake. Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Place all beetroot puree ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until only slightly chunky.
3. Cut the sheet of pastry into 4 equal sized portions.
4. Using one pastry square at a time, add a couple of tablespoons of the beetroot puree to the center of the pastry, leaving a 1 inch gap around the edges.
5. Top with 3 teaspoon sized dollops of ricotta cheese.
Sprinkle generously with Murray River Salt and cracked black pepper.
6. Top with a few sprigs of thyme, removing the leaves from the stems.
7. Use your fingers to carefully fold the edges over slightly covering a little of the filling – to keep the filling in a nice tight parcel.
8. Lightly brush all of the pastry edges with the egg wash.
9. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.